The Dufferin Hi-Land Bruce Trail Club needs all sorts of people, people with energy and passion, open minds and willing hands. People who can help us realize our dream of building a ribbon of wilderness the length of the Niagara Escarpment that connects people to nature. Can you help us? How do you think you could assist us?
Please click here to contact Helen, our Volunteer Coordinator if you would like to join our amazing team of volunteers.
Here are just some of the possibilities…
- Be the public face for the Dufferin Bruce Trail Club. Find out about and attend local public events like fall fairs and festivals
- Be a volunteer at one of these events
Education and Community Relations
- Develop collaborative initiatives in the community to foster inclusivity
- Be part of the team that develops Dufferin Bruce Trail branding such as t-shirts, buffs, fridge magnets and your own ideas
- Do you have proficiency in WordPress development and web design?
- Attract and manage sponsorship program, contact potential advertisers for the website and newsletter
- Work with our Communications Director to create and edit our newsletter (3 times/year)
- Create and market Dufferin Bruce Trail Club materials
- Work on regular e-blasts to the membership
- Do you know how to set up social media advertising and marketing
- Create articles for social media and the website
- Work with our Membership Director to keep in touch with our members
- Help organize our Volunteer Events
- Are you interested in leading hikes?
Trail Angels and Ambassadors
- Help us help out-of-area hikers to trail heads and be an on-trail face for the Dufferin Bruce Trail Club
- Are you interested in maintaining our trails?
These positions entail specialized skills and knowledge.
- Experience in land and nature conservation
- People with legal experience in particular those with knowledge and experience in corporate governance