News and Events
The Town of Mono will be doing roadwork on Hurontario Street between 30 Sideroad and Highway 89 around the end of June/early July. The Bruce trail runs along this road. The work will last about two weeks. Although the road will be closed to vehicular traffic, we expect that pedestrians will still be able to get through.
Carl Tafel – Trail Director
Saturday, June 8 – Dufferin Hi-Land 1 Day End to End
Can you do 56 kilometres in a day? Come on out and give it a try. The bus leaves at 7:00 a.m.from the Mono Cliffs Provincial Park parking lot. Please register by June 1 with a $20.00 cheque payable to the Dufferin Hi-Land BTC, c/o Rick McCoy, 305-8 Speedvale Ave. West, Guelph†ON, N1H-1J4. For further information please contact Rick McCoy at 519 829-4143 or email@example.com
SNAP IT! on the Beaver Valley Trails
Beaver Valley Bruce Trail Club – 50th Anniversary
Photo Contest Rules
• All entries must be photographs taken on the Main Trail or the Side Trails of the Beaver Valley Section of the Bruce Trail after January 1, 2012.
• The contest is open to amateur photographers who are residents of Ontario:
• Students – under 18 years
• Adults – 18 years and older
• Landscape – for example, waterfalls, trees, rocks, fields, etc.
• Nature – for example, wildflowers, birds, wildlife in its natural habitat, etc.
• One entry only per person per category.
• Photo must have been taken by and owned by the individual submitting it.
• Location of the photograph must be identified.
• Photographs entered must not have previously won a contest or been published in a magazine or newspaper.
• If an entry is submitted without a clearly designated and appropriate category, judges reserve the right to place it in the appropriate category.
• Entries are to be digital photographs with a maximum size of 1.25 MB and submitted electronically as jpeg files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries may be submitted any time between February 1, 2013 and June 30, 2013.
• Winners will be selected by an independent panel of judges, whose decisions are final.
• Winners will be notified by e-mail by July 31, 2013 and will be expected to acknowledge receipt by August 10, 2013.
• The winning entry and the runner-up entry will be identified for each category and age group.
• The winning entries and the runner-up entries will be displayed at the 50th Anniversary Celebration (Sept. 7, 2013), published in the Beaver Valley Bruce Trail newsletter and posted on the Beaver Valley Bruce Trail website and Facebook.
Saturday, September 28, 2013 – Chase the Coyote Trail Race
13.7 kilometre route is as challenging as we could make it, cliffsides, roller coaster single track, fast and flat double track, cardio challenging slopes, stairs, and beautiful vistas if you have a moment to look up from the trail.
5 kilometre route is easy and non-technical for a mildly challenging opportunity to run very pretty trails just as the autumn leaves begin to highlight the beauty of Southern Ontario
3.5 kilometre guided hike, conducted by a Bruce Trail leader.
Free Kids Fun Run
Tons of draw prizes. Overall prizes will be awarded 5 deep male/female. Finishers medal to all participants as well as race kit swag.
This is a non-profit race. Most of the proceeds go to the Dufferin Hi-Land Bruce Trail Club.
Due to limited parking and sensitivity of the trails the race will max out at 300 runners.
Manual precise timing. Gun time only is recorded. The order you cross the finish line is the order you finish.
A note on security
Internet security is everybody’s job. Please be sure your computer is protected and not hosting a virus or “bot” program. Check here for more information.